If you are one of those people that believe trikes are for kids and toddlers, it is high time you change your mind frame. Nowadays, manufacturers produce full-size tricycles that are considered better than conventional bicycles for many reasons.
This is undeniably true for electric trikes. Their electric motors provide more power and better mobility than regular bikes with the comfort and stability of three wheels. Next, these tricycles can be fitted with large baskets for hauling bulkier goods compared to regular bicycles.
The Best Selling Products
- Blast into the future with the PowerRider 360 - all-new, electric powered 3-wheeler from Razor!
- Features push button throttle and reaches speeds up to 9 mph with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Cut full 360 degree spins, slide, even drift on its duel inclined rear caster wheels
- Includes front, hand operated braking system, hi-impact pneumatic front wheel, 12V rechargeable battery system, and charger
- Recommended for ages 8 and up; supports riders up to 120 pounds
- Where Downhill Meets Drift. Ages-14 and up. Maximum weight-198 pounds
- Steel trike style frame combined with Super Slider POM rear wheels
- Riders can power slide through corners, throw fish tails or fast 180s!
- Front free-wheel with BMX style platform pedals and alloy crank
- Features: moto-style handlebars, pro-style grips, triple crown fork, adjustable bucket style seat, and tow hook attachment, grip tape on rear axle
8. Goplus Electric Trike
The Goplus is everything you’d want in an electric trike. If you weight 330 lbs. and less, you can take a ride on it thanks to its sturdy iron frame and robust 20-inch wheels. Its electric motor is powered by a 10AH lithium battery that gives a range of about 25 miles when fully charged.
When you reach the Goplus’ maximum speed of 18.5 mph, the front and rare disc-brake system inspire confidence that the trike will come to a complete stop in case of emergency.
- Material: Iron
- Net weight: 99 lbs
- Max load: 330 lbs
- Max speed: 18.5 mph
- Distance per charge: 25 mile
- Charging time: 5 hours
- Motor: 48V/500W Precursor Motor
- Battery: 48V/10AH lithium battery
- Controller: 48V/22A
- Brake: Front and rear disc brake
- Tire: 4’’ x 20’’
- Best Riding Lawn Mower For Hills Reviews
- Carbon Fiber Wheels Reviews
- Best Indoor Bike Rollers Trainer Reviews
- Best Folding Exercise Bike Reviews
7. E-Wheels EW-21 CHOPPER TRIKE
The unique feature about this EW-21 E-Wheels is without a doubt its endearing chopper-like design. It gives its riders a sense of “danger/mystery/vibrancy” while providing safety and comfort from its robust triple-wheel configuration.
What’s more, the EW-21 features an extended bicycle-style seat with a capacity to carry two riders. That said, this trike’s awesomeness doesn’t stop there either; below you will find more great features about it:
- Speed: Max 18mph
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
- Power: Watts: 1000 Watt
- Batteries: (1) 60v 12 AH Lithium-Ion Battery
- Throttle Type: Variable Twist Throttle
- Key Start: Yes
- Battery Indicator: Yes
- Suspension: Rear
- Braking System: Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Reflectors: Yes (Rear Fender)
- Headlight: LED
- Special Features: Bluetooth Speaker
- Warranty: Limited – 3 Year Warranty
6. MotoTec MT-TRK-500 Electric Trike 500w
Boasting a larger front wheel and two smaller wheels at the rear, the MotoTec MT-TRK-500looks like a three-wheel scooter or Segway. It is uniquely designed with a large sturdy footrest on its lower part of the frame which allows you to ride this trike while seated or standing.
- Motor power: 500 Watt Brushless Hub Motor
- Battery: Four 12v 12ah Batteries
- Max Weight: 240 Lbs.
- Battery range: Over 22 miles
- Battery life: Over 300 charges
- Speed: Max 22 MPH
- Recharge time: 4-8hrs
- Seat: Wide Saddle
- Wheel Diameter: Front 16-inch, Rear 9-inch
- Climbing Ability: 10 Degrees
- Scooter Weight: 93 Lbs
- Ground Clearance: 2 inches
- Warranty: 30 days for parts
5. Razor DXT Drift Trike
Featuring a simplistic design, the Razor DXT trike is optimized for drifting purposes. This is apparent with its low center of gravity and lightweight frame which only features a 2-piece welded steel frame that’s connected to its rear axle. To round off its simplistic design is a small bucket-seat that’s designed with side-bolsters to hold you in place while drifting corners.
For wheels, the Razor DXT features a large 20-inch pneumatic wheel at the front with peddles attached to either side of it. These peddle act as speed accelerators and as footrests. The rear wheels feature smaller but wider 10-inch wheels that allow you to gather full momentum when freewheeling straight and curvy slopes.
- Moto-style handlebars
- Double alloy clamp
- Pro-style soft rubber grips
- Front alloy V brake
- Front Wheel: 20-inch pneumatic tires with an aluminum rim and BMX style platform pedals
- Rear Wheels: 10-inch diameter by 4-inch wide kart style blow-molded POM with a slick surface
- Adjustable bucket-style seat
- Includes: Tow hook attachment, grip tape on the rear axle
4. Razor Power Rider 360 Electric Tricycle
The Razor Power Rider is the second Razor trike on this review, and as expected shares, some design similarities with the Razor DXT featured above. However, the simple two-piece steel frame is the only thing these two Razor trikes share; everything else is different.
The main difference is that the Power Rider is more of an all-rounder while the DXT is designed explicitly for drifting. This is apparent from its high-performance dual inclined caster wheels on its rear axle that are designed for forward, rear, drifting and spinning action.
- 9 mph max speed.
- 120 lbs. maximum weight
- 12V lead-acid battery that requires 12 hours of recharging time
- Up to 30 minutes of continuous use.
- Chain-driven motor.
- Hi-impact pneumatic front wheel.
- Rear, dual inclined casters
- Hand operated braking system.
- Rubber Grips on the handle.
- Folding foot pegs.
- Push button throttle.
3. Mobo Triton Pro Adult Tricycle
With a rear-steering system and an adjustable frame, the Mobo Triton Pro is a uniquely-designed trike. Its large pneumatic wheels are designed to generate maximum speed on flat or gentle sloping terrains. Besides the obvious fun, you are going to have with this trike; you will also get the health benefits of getting a cardiovascular workout every time you ride it.
- 250 lbs. max weight capacity
- Heavy-duty Hi-ten steel frame
- Caliper handbrakes
- Pneumatic rubber wheels: 20-inch front, 16 inch rear
- Safety flag
- Adjustable Frame Dimensions: 28 x 29 x 48 inches (61 inches extended)
- 44 lbs. overall weight
- Rear-wheel steering system
- Chainless chassis
2. eWheels EW-29 Electric Trike
When it comes to practicality, the eWheels EW-29 is perhaps the most practical electric trike on the market today. Compared to the other trikes featured on this lineup, it is clear that the designers of the EW-29 prioritized practicality over style. This is apparent especially on this newly released EW-29 model which has subtle improvements over the previous model. For instance, the battery has been moved from underneath the seat and are now positioned underneath the rear basket, and frame guards now cover the rear wheels.
- Front and rear basket for carrying goods
- Power: Electric motor and manual peddle system
- 15 mph max speed
- Electric horn
- 20-mile battery range with indicator
- LED headlight system
- Rubber-grip brake system
- Emergency handbrake
- Comfortable saddle with backrest
1. Schwinn Meridian Full-Size Adult Bike Trike
The Schwinn Meridian is the top choice tricycle and rightly so. The image of this trike is what springs to mind when someone mentions a full-size tricycle. It is a favorite among consumers for its perfect blend of retro style, riding comfort and stability as well as convenient storage baskets.
- Weighs 71 lbs.
- Low-step aluminum frame for easy access
- Maximum height capacity: 5’10” tall
- Height-adjustable handlebars (37” to 40”)
- 26-inch diameter alloy wheels
- Height-adjustable cruiser-style seat
- Fold-down rear basket for hauling items
Now that you’re familiar with the top trikes on the market, it is time to select one that best suits your needs. As you’ve seen, there’s something for everybody on this lineup. So whether you’re looking for an aesthetically pleasing trike or a fast trike or a trike for drifting or a trike for hauling items, this review has got you covered.